Mar 21, 2011

Never Ending

Ever feel like you just can't win? That you are not important enough to be noticed? That everyone would be better off without you?

Well it's a crock of shit.

Even though we may feel like this at times, eventually, maybe even the next day, we come to a realization that we are idiots for even letting the thought be processed. I for one am sick and tired of being told I am 'useless' and 'meaningless'. Anyone who tells you this can shove it.

I hope everyone who reads this realizes that when you tell someone they are not 'good enough' or that you are 'better than them' that in everyone of those put down poor peoples hearts, something dies a little. Not being appreciated and not being wanted are the two most severe feelings someone could ever have, and you are enabling that evilness inside someone to take over. Often parents are guilty of making their children feel this way, and they don't even realize it, or they choose not to acknowledge the effect has on their child.

Well I am here to tell you that it rips us apart inside out. You have NO right to blame us for happenings that are not our fault, you have NO right to tell us that it is our fault we are in the money situation YOU got YOURSELF into.

I hate seeing parents belittle their children for something they aren't even responsible for. The other day I had gone shopping and saw this mother with her 16 year old daughter. And I thought "Gee... Isn't that nice to see a mother and her teenage child shopping together." Then I realized the expression on the younger girls face. It looked as if she was wanting, like she was appreciating the clothes she was seeing, but knew that they would never be in her wardrobe. Then I over heard what the mother was saying to her, "You might want to look for an extra large in that, you know how you don't fit into clothes anymore. I don't understand why you even look at that style, I can see your fat in the jeans you are wearing now enough as it is." Immediately I was heart broken. This young lady must have been 5'5" and maybe 120, that is pushing it. She looked so nice for her shape and size I had myself thinking, "Now there is a teenager who should be happy with the way she looks" And as her and her mother are exiting the store, I see her wipe a single tear off the side of her face, turn around, plaster a fake (believable) smile and go on her way.

It might seem innocent enough to the mother now, but that girl is gonna go home, skip dinner and probably sit in her room look at the mirror and doubt herself. She will probably doubt herself till the day she leaves that household. Way to go Mom. You just destroyed your child, broke her down, and made her feel utterly incapable and useless.

I am here to Fight this feeling, even though it is imposed upon me at times. Who is with me??

1 comment:

Thanks for viewing!! Leave some love, and criticism always welcome!